Mattel has released pre-order details and glamour shots for a new line of high end Barbie dolls that are styled after characters from Star Wars. These aren’t just Barbies based on Star Wars characters either, think more of a fashion show with a Star Wars theme.
There are three in total and each retails for $100, so they’re not your standard $10 Barbies either. They look like models that have been given runway fashions by a designer who is consumed by Star Wars. There is a R2-D2 model, a Vader model, and a Leia model. The R2 and Vader model are by far the most unique, but all three look very nice.
I’m not going to lie though, the Vader Barbie will be hard to pass on, and I’d take all three if they were sent to me. They just look amazing, Barbies or not, so check out the galleries below, and hit the Amazon links if you want to pre-order.
R2-D2 – Pre-Order
- This collectible Star Wars x Barbie doll captures R2-D2’s look in a geometric ensemble with a dome skirt, bomber jacket and thigh-high boots over silvery tights.
- A vibrant blue ponytail and “radar eye” detail complete the look.
- Star Wars R2-D2 x Barbie Doll includes a Star Wars doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity.
Vader – Pre-Order
- This collectible Star Wars x Barbie doll captures Darth Vader’s Sith armor silhouette in head-to-toe black. She wears a shiny-black peplum top, panelled pencil skirt and knee-high boots.
- Metallic details at her collar and waist, dark glasses and a long, black cape finish the look.
- Star Wars Darth Vader x Barbie Doll includes a Star Wars doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity.
Princess Leia – Pre-Order
- This collectible Star Wars x Barbie doll captures Princess Leia’s iconic look in an elegant gown with dramatic, floor-length sleeves.
- Details include a silvery peplum belt, cuff jewelry and an up-do inspired by her signature bun hairstyle.
- Star Wars Princess Leia x Barbie doll includes a Star Wars doll stand and Certificate of Authenticity.