I went ahead and recorded a new rant for a series of leaked images that hint at Luke Skywalker’s X-Wing being featured in Star Wars: Episode IX, and not just as a submerged X-Wing.
It sounds like the X-Wing may possibly be used in a flashback scene, but regardless of how it is used, the images below definitely lead me to believe that it will at least be featured in some form or fashion. Anyway, tune into the rant below for my thoughts on the leaked pics.
The other rumors come from the latest episode of Making Star Wars’ Now This is Podcasting. The team ran through a bevy of Star Wars: Episode IX rumors that they’ve been told, but haven’t verified, so as they warn on their site, take these with a grain of salt until more information can be verified. There are some wild rumors in the list below, as well as rumored scenes and moments I’d love to see.
Unverified Episode IX Rumors
- Jordan stood in for two planets in Star Wars: Episode IX.
- The festival party is not the classic planet but a new one.
- There’s Knights of Ren content filmed on that planet.
- There is footage of Kylo walking away from TIE Fighter crash there.
- The Lars Homestead may have been filmed at Pinewood for interiors and exteriors in Jordan.
- Luke Skywalker’s X-wing Fighter was there and Rey has Luke’s X-wing helmet.
- The MacGuffin supposedly starts out as one thing and that leads them to something else and unfortunately no one would ever tell us what it leads to as this is the films big secret.
- Kylo’s ship is white with red and black details and lots of very cool mechanical looking parts dotted around it. Vader’s helmet is stored there.
- The castle set we had been seeing is actually a miner’s town.
- There is a droid factory (small room) there which is an Easter egg heaven – droids on the table reference John William’s scores, there is a Bad Robot, and some original prequel era Battle Droids.
- Kylo Ren fights resistance troopers in the swamp and supposedly uses some brutal moves on them.
- The Black Park Falcon set features some fire on the Falcon.
- The Orange X-wing we saw back day does not appear to be Poe’s.
- Keri Russel
- Keri Russell’s outfit is rose gold, extremely fancy like a Stormtrooper but with the armor split into triangles on a purple suit. Her helmet has the shape of an Olympic cycling helmet. She was seen on the snow planet.
- There might be a zero gravity battle at the end of the film and they built a massive wing or roof for it.
If anything else, these will make for great topics on this week’s Star Wars Time Show, so make sure to tune in next Tuesday when the episode goes live.